- Collection and dissemination of scientific and technological information
- Monthly publications: “IFTS Newsletter” distributed to members, available in as many copies as there are sites concerned.
- Description of Categories:– LIFE AT IFTS, we present the new methods and equipment available to IFTS, which have developed our services, leading to a better understanding of the processes and to more detailed technical recommendations.
– EVENTS, we collate and print information about separation techniques and the characterization of liquids and solids, communicated verbally, or from seminar posters, symposia and conferences both French and International
– PRESS REVUE, we give a representative survey of articles and press releases concerning our areas of expertise, which appear in French and International technical revues and scientific journals.
– AGENDA, we announce forthcoming French and International events, in the field of separation techniques.In total, we offer more than 100 items of information each month, which can be supplemented on request.
- Organization of technical conferences, symposia and round tables in all areas of our expertise: study of particles, solid-liquid separation, particulate contamination control.
- In the last few years, we have organized seminars on the following subjects:- Filtration using filter aids for the clarification of liquids, May 2004- Coagulation-Flocculation of sludge before dehydration, Dec. 2004- Treatment of machining fluids, effluents and sludge from metal working, Nov. 2005- Cleanliness of components and fluid circuits for transport vehicles, Nov. 2005- Characterization of particles from millimetre to nanometre, Nov. 2006
- Coupling of processes, upstream and downstream, of solid-liquid separation, Nov. 2006
- Execution of prospective studies and current situation assessments:
- Development of dehydration techniques for sludge
- Procedures for clarification of highly aggressive liquids
- Applications of membranes in mechanical industry
- Nanofiltration (possibilities for its application to mechanical, paper, textile, tanneries industries,…)
- Updating of databases on SLS equipment/information, conditioning products, filtration media and calibrated particles.