Particle size analysis and characterisation
- IFTS possesses a wide range of instruments and methods with which to analyse particle size:o Laser diffraction particle size analyser (CILAS 1180L)o Microscopes and image analysers (MICROVISION/FILTREX)o COULTER granulometer (Multisizer III)o Electroformed sieves and microsieves (from 10 µm)o Particle counter by light extinction (PAMAS) and light scattering (HACH ULTRA)o Andreasen pipetteo Sedimentation columns
- IFTS thus has the means and knowledge to study and measure:o All types of particleso All sizes from 0.04 to 5000 µmo All shapes: needles, fibres, swarf/shavings, precipitates, balls…
- IFTS also evaluates all particulate contamination in fluids, parts or clogged filters.
- IFTS measures all physical characteristics of powders and other granular filtering media e.g.: permeability, velocity of fluidization, porosity, brittleness, cleanliness, and resistance to attrition.
- IFTS is COFRAC-accredited according to ISO 17025Your contact person: Sophie Moussaron