Filter and filtering media tests
IFTS (International Filter Testing Services) is the European Centre for Filter Testing.
Our world-wide clients are:
- Filter manufacturers, who entrust their Research and Development programs to IFTS and require certification of performance and/or conformity with specifications
- Consumers and industrial users of filters who require comparative tests or verification of conformity of filters to their specifications.
The quality of tests is guaranteed by a rigorous management of test procedures according to ISO 17025.
- IFTS tests:
- All liquid filters (fuels, oils, hydraulic fluids, drinking water, and other industrial liquids…)
- All filtration thresholds (from sterilization filters to self-cleaning sieves)
- All flow rates between 1 L/h and 50 m3/h (800 L/min)
- Static and differential pressures up to 500 and 100 bar respectively
- IFTS measures and certifies liquid filters by testing:
- integrity (bubble point, forward flow and pressure hold test)
- separating performance (filtration efficiency, retention capacity, absolute rating, bacterial retention…)
- hydraulic and mechanical characteristics (permeability, flow/pressure fatigue, pressure loss, burst or collapse pressure…)
- chemical or thermal compatibilities.
- Implements all standard procedures (NF, CEN, ISO, ASTM, JIS…) and also any method its clients specify
- Research and Development of test methods adapted to market filter developments
- Makes a significant contribution to changes in European and international filter testing standards
- Designs, manufactures and validates filter test benches in accordance with all standard procedures or individual specification
- Can refurbish any test bench to conform to new ISO standards